The City Girl is all about the Neutrals. But starting with foundation, with running around all day you need a high coverage foundation that will leave you with a flawless finish. For cheeks add a hint of color that will last all day long by going for a cream blush or a cheek stain. The naked basics palette is perfect for the on-the-go girl! It has six great neutral shadows in one small compact palette. Great to throw in your bag when you are running around the city. Of course, along with the eyes, you cant forget a touch of black liner and some amazing lashes to pull the look together! Finish the look off with a bold red lip and a mist of your favorite elegant perfume and you are out the door and ready to tackle your busy day!
Are you a beach babe? For a more fun and flirty look, go for some pops of bright color in lips and cheeks. For those two colors try to stick within the same color family to avoid clashing. For example, the two colors I picked are in the coral family but the blush is a tad bit of a lighter shade. Choose a foundation such as a BB Cream or a tinted moisturizer for a lighter more natural coverage and finish. Stick to a more neutral eye by sweeping a champagne shimmer across the lid and a couple coats of a mascara with great length and volume. Finally, finish up with a spritz of your favorite floral perfume and you are beach ready in no time!
Or are you a Vampy Vixen? If so, you most likely go with an oxblood red polish and lipstick to round out the look, keeping it bold and daring. Though most girls wouldn't choose a red lip with a smoky eye, you do because you take risks remember? So don't play it safe! Work this look like no other girl can!
City Girl Chic
1. Loreal Magic Smooth Souffle Blush in Plume, $12.99 2. Naked Basics Palette, $27.00 3. Miss Dior Cherie Perfume, $90.00 4. Diorshow Blackout Mascara, $25.00 5. Maybelline Master Precise Eyeliner, $7.49 6. Revlon Colorstay Foundation, $11.99 7. NYX Round Case Lipstick in Snow White, $3.99 8. Butter London in Yummy Mummy, $15.00
1. NYX Powder Blush in Mocha, $4.99 2. Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids Lipstick in Shocking Coral, $7.49 3. Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal in Barely Branded, $6.99 4. Loreal Youth Code BB Cream, $16.99 5.Daisy By Marc Jacobs, $75.00 6. Benefit's Bad Gal Lash Mascara, $19.00
1. OPI Nail Polish in Lincoln Park After Dark, $9.00 2. Full Bloom Ultra Flush Blush in Sweet Pink, $19.00 3. Revlon Colorstay Whipped Creme Makeup, $13.99 4. Jadore Dior Perfume, $115.00 5. Love in Paris Eyeshadow Palette A La Mode, $9.99 6. Loreal Infallible Le Rouge Lipstick in Resiliant Raisin, $9.99 7. Urban Decay Supercurl Curling Mascara, $20.00
Almond shape nails are a huge trend that got a big start with celebrities all over LA including our girl Rihanna, Rita Ora, The Kardashians and more! They look so chic and classy. I recently started wearing mine in an almond shape and I don't think I will ever go back to square! LOVE!
Oh gosh, where do I start?! I recently took a trip to Lenox Mall in Atlanta, Georgia and came across a Henri Bendel store. I have heard about this designer through youtube alot but never really looked into it. When I walked in the store I was in heaven! It is now and probably will forever be my favorite designer. Below are just a few examples of what they have in store!
I never thought I would think a guy pretending to be animals, could be THIS funny! I laughed so hard I was crying! Genius! The Rhino one killed me!
A couple of months ago I came across Imagine Dragons and thought they were good, only hearing the songs "It's Time" and "Radioactive". I recently gave a few of their others songs a try when I added their Pandora station and they are amazing! They are very unique and have a sound like no band I have heard before. They are great to listen to while getting ready in the morning!
It is no secret that I love dogs! My two dogs are the little loves of my life! When I came across this picture I had to post it for you guys! How CUTE?! So precious!
Wine can be one of the most confusing alcoholic beverages out there! There are so many different names and types that originate from all different countries, which makes choosing a wine no small task. Not only are there specific types of wine, but did you know there are specific types of glasses to drink each type out of?! Well now you do, so when you are having a girls night you can show off what you learned from the Ladylike Diaries and pour that wine like a pro!
Usually you can tell red wine glasses from white by looking a the bowl shape. Red Wine glasses typically have wide bowls to allow the optimal air flow through the wine bringing out flavors you would not taste by drinking from a white wine glass. Red Wines are very aromatic and flavorful compared to the more subtle whites. Red Wine glasses allow you to get the most out of your drink.
As I said above, White Wines are subtle wines. Though they still have flavor, they do not have as intense of a flavor as reds do. Due to this, the white wine glasses have a much narrower bowl . This helps keep the temperature cool which is great for whites because they are usually served cold.
When I was younger, I never understand why my mom would make a big deal about the table settings and the napkins or forks being on the wrong side of the plate. Now that I am older I completely understand. Think about it this way, when you have a dinner party or sit down with your family for the holidays, how amazing does that table look when it is set up correctly?! I completely changes the way your table looks. It adds class and elegance. Though the holiday table setting may be a tad too formal for your everyday routine, try the relaxed but still chic everyday table settings below. It will add a chic and classy feel to the room making you feel a little bit poised and proper.
City Girl Chic
1. Topshop Pixel Floral Blazer, $136.00 2. Mango Shiny Chain T Shirt, $15.00 3. River Island Red Cable Knit High Waisted Shorts, $15.00 4. Zara Basic Sandal, $79.90 5. Zara Office City Bag, $89.90 6. Ray Ban Clubmaster Half Frame Sunglasses, $145.00
Fun and Flirty
1. Bardot Crop Top, $20.00 2.BCBGMAXAZRIA Banded Fedora, $48.00 3. ASOS Across Body Bag With Oval Lock, $26.60 4. Floral Print Skater Skirt, $61.00 5. Essie's A Crude Interest, $8.00 6. Womens Mossimo Co Brown Gladiator Sandal, $20.00 7. Kate Spade Small Square Stud Earrings, $38.00
Cute and Casual
1. Full Tilt Asymmetric Zip Faux Leather Vest, $25.00 2.J Crew Sunflower Necklace, $50.00 3. White Floral Playsuit, $23.00 4.Tory Burch Shawn Metal Stud Earrings, $78.00 5.TAM Platform Lace Pumps, $48.00 6. River Island Coral RI Imbossed Cross Body Bag, $29.93
Salmon has many beauty benefits. Salmon helps produce Melanin (a substance that give hair, skin and eyes its color) , Collagen (a protein that is present in your tendons and cartilage that essentially holds the body together) and Keratin ( the outer structural protein of hair, skin and nails.
Blueberries contain the most antioxidants of any of the common known fruits. Antioxidants help to fight against premature aging. They help your skin stay fresh, young and healthy.
Tea has a large amount of beauty benefits depending on which tea you choose. Black Teas sharpen your focus, speed up metabolism, aids in digestion, and lowers cholesterol. Green Tea prevents cavities, helps fight acne, lowers risk of many diseases and aids in weight loss!
Carrots are contain a large amount of Vitamin A which helps protect your vision and helps repair your scalp! You can even make a carrot hair mask by mashing up 1/2 cup of carrots and 3 tablespoons of honey!
Yogurt contains an abundant amount of Calcium and Phosphorus which whiten and strength your teeth. It also contain a large amount of protein which helps repair your hair and makes it soft and silky!