1. black topshop wedges 2. Rebecca Minkoff Neon Handbag 3. Topshop Big Pocket Shirt 4. Slasher Flick Cutoff Short
Tribal is a huge trend this spring and summer so why not wear it on your nails!? When matching your outfit to your nails be aware of the colors and be sure not to clash two patterns even if they are the same. Stick to solid colors that relate to your nails. In this outfit, I stuck with neutrals for the shirt, shorts and shoes and added the pop of green in the bag.
1. Lush Taking it Easy Top 2. Tammy Handbag 3. Paper Crown Corsica Short 4. Steve Madden Tan Sandals
Floral nails are light and girly and can be matched with many other colors. By pairing your nails with a color like this light blue shirt, it creates unexpected twist on the classic floral. Then finish off the look with tan shoes and a matching handbag.
1. Rebecca Minkoff Tan Handbag 2. White Studded Shoe 3. Moto Ice Hotpants 4. Premium Mix Chiffon Shirt
Duo patterned nails are two seperate patterns or in this case a solid and a pattern parted by a diagonal line. You could go many different ways about styling your outfit with these but it all depends on your color and patterned choices. Since the pattern in this nail choice is light and simple you are safe adding the same pattern into your outfit. In this case, I showcased the pattern in these Topshop shorts! I paired them with a white collared sleeveless shirt, tucked in, with studded oxford shoes and a beautiful tan Rebecca Minkoff bag!
1. Catherine Sunglasses 2. Louise Top in Black 3. Neon Tulip Skirt 4. Rhinestone Curb Chained Bracelet 5. Black Wedges
Two years ago, if someone told you they were putting little beads on their nails, you would think they were crazy! Who knew it would look so chic! Cavier nails tend to look a tad on the fancy side so be sure to rev up your outfit just alittle bit to match the style! This neon tulip skirt adds the perfect pop of color to make your caviar manicure really stand out! My shoe pick is a wedge because it makes the look alittle more casual for day time! You want to look fancy but not overdone and a simple black wedge is the way to go!
A Different Kind of Mint
The Beachmint Companies
Shoemint is a company under Beachmint that is a monthly service dedicated to shoes. All you have to do is register on the Shoemint website and take your style assessment. The results of the quiz are in the form of your very own shoe showroom filled with this months shoe styles designed by actress Rachel Bilson and celebrity stylist Nicole Chavez teamed with Steve Madden. Unlike other monthly subscription sites, it is completely up to you whether you would like to purchase each month. If you like a pair of shoes in your showroom and would like to purchase it is $79.98. That is an amazing deal compared to purchasing shoes designed by Steve Madden that are usually up to $200.00. Go to the website and check out their selection!
StyleMint is another company under Beachmint that specifically geared toward tops. Each top is designed by the beautiful Olsen Twins and NAME. This again like StyleMint, is a no obligation service. If you like a top in your showroom, then pay the low price of $29.99 and get it right to your door with fast shipping! Go to the website, take the style quiz and see what tops are in your showroom!
We can't forget the Jewels right?! Kate Bosworth teamed up with celebrity stylist Cher Coulter to create a truly one of a kind Jewelry Line specially for Jewelmint. Again, You go to the JewelMint website and take your style profile quiz where you will be matched with jewelry pieces that match your style specifically. If you find one you like, pay the low price of $29.99 per piece with FREE fast shipping direct to your door in very classy packaging. Head on over and view your bling showroom!
BeautyMint is the last and final Beachmint service. It is skincare based. After registering on their website, you will then take a skincare consultation quiz before receiving your specialized skincare routine developed by Jessica Simpson and dermatologist Nerida Joy. After taking your consultation you can pick from either the regular for $39.99 ($125.00 value) or advanced system $49.99 ($145.00 value). I promise you, your skin will never be the same after Beautymint! Go to their website and take your free consultation!
One Love. Stay Chic.
Damaged Denim Shorts
Damaged Denim is a huge trend this summer, whether it is slashed, studded, lace, or colored. There are so many ways to style them. You can dress them up for a night in the city or pair them with a Wildfox Baggy Beach Jumper for a more beachy casual look. When you look at them, you may automatically think they look too dirty and destroyed, but by pairing them with the right top and accessories you can turn the look from hippy to city chic! Later next week i will have a post with three or four styled outfits using destroyed denim to show the different styles you can wear them by changing a few minor pieces. I would love to see how you style your damaged denim! Tweet a picture of your look here.
1. Mink Pink Trailer Park Slashed Hipster shorts $74.00 www.revolveclothing.com
2. One Teaspoon Bandit Shorts in Kansas $99.00 www.boutiquetoyou.com
3. Slasher Flick Cutoff Shorts $78.00 www.nastygal.com
4. Denim Cutoff Shorts $98.00 www.freepeople.com
5. Moto Pastel High Waist Hotpants $64.00 www.topshop.com
6. RUNAWAYDREAMZ Acid Wash Hip Pocket Studded Shorts $196.00 www.singer22.com
7. Stunna Cutoff Shorts $105.00 www.nastygal.com
8. Reverse Crochet Paneled Denim Shorts $73.06 www.asos.com
One Love. Stay Chic.
Mint is a fabulous color (and flavor!) that has been all over the runway for spring and summer these past two years. Mint is probably one of the only pastel shades that can work not only spring but also summer! My personal favoite way to style mint accessories or clothing is by addng a base of a neutral cream paired with gold jewelery. If you are up for a litte fashion risk, you could colorblock your oufit with many different shades of mint, tastefully, of course! Have fun with it whether you stay classy and sophisticated or daring and bold! I'd love to see all of your styled outfits using mint! Tweet them to me here!
Below is a slideshow of color inspiration
followed by a product list.
1. Mint Tea Dress $68.00 www.saboskirt.com
2. Crochet Shorts(mint) $50.00 www.hauteandrebellious.com
3. Soft Floral Blazer (multi) $58.00 www.saboskirt.com
4. Butler Chiffon Long Sleeve Top (mint) $79.00 AUD www.esther.com.au
5. Everly Pleat by Pleat Skirt (mint) $50.00 www.tobi.com
6. Gracie Peplum Dress $79.00 AUD www.esther.com.au
7. Gretta Super High Platforms 61.23 www.missguided.co.uk
8. Jewel Strap Pleated Cami Top $56.00 www.topshop.com
9. Essie Mint Candy Apple $8.00 www.ulta.com
10. Mint High Waist Hotpants $56.00 www.topshop.com
11. Mint Leather Bracelet $40.00 www.hauteandrebellious.com
12. Predictable Mini Bag $39.00 www.ninewest.com
13. Pastel Wayfarer with Mirrored Lense (mint) $9.50 www.delias.com
14. Cefian Block Belted Dress $33.00 www.tobi.com
15. Naked Zebra Twisted Around Top (mint green) $48.00 www.tobi.com
One Love.Stay Chic.