Spencer, as most of you know, comes from old money. When styling her outfits she usually will take vintage pieces that have probably been in the family for decades and alter them by pairing them with more modern items. In the show, her character is a big fan of cuffed skinny jeans or pants! Being a part of the Hastings Family, she gets alot of use out of button up blouses. The Striped Linen Blazer pictured above is a perfect representation of Spencer's Style. Her outfit would probably be mixing the denim button up with the Striped blazer over top, the sleeves would be rolled up of course! All topped with a belt around the waist!
Spencer keeps her shoes pretty simple! We usually will see her in a pair of riding boots, especially if it is in the fall and winter! But most of all, Spencer can't be seen without an amazing pair of Oxfords, such as these beautiful Asos Maddison Pretty Tie Brogues. They are fab! But if she is going for a more neutral look, she usually brings out a pair of plain brown oxford lace ups!
For jewelry, Spencer likes to keep it simple. A trend I have seen for watches is the "boyfriend watch" look. She likes larger watches that are simple and not so busy! This Kate Spade Gramercy Watch is right on point with something that would be found in Spencer jewelry Collection!
Now for my favorite topic, beauty! Spencer has natural beauty which means she doesn't need to over do it with the makeup. A light foundation such as the Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation, a touch of blush, and some mascara will do it! For perfume, you better believe she will be wearing a sophisticated light scent. Spencer is the type of girl to find one perfect perfume and stick with it! I believe White Musk by Alyssa Ashley is the perfect scent for her! It contains refined Jasmine, precious Rose, sophisticated Lily of The Valley and romantic Violet. A classy combination for a classy girl! A spritz (or five!) of this scent will leave you feeling like you have just walked out of the country club!
1. Shorter Brim Fedora Hat, $50.00 2.Casual Chambray Shirt, $58.00 3. Co-ord Bunny Print Shorts, $64.00 4. Bright Cameo Detail Necklace, $28.00 5. Portmans Cut Out Sleeve Top, $79.95 6. Kate Spade Large Roman Numeral Gramercy Watch, $225.00 7. Asos Maddison Pretty Tie Brogue, $59.40 8. Asos Leather Top Handle Top with Contrast Side Panel, $110.31 9. Rag & Bone Woven Belt, $175.00 10. Black High Waisted Jeggings, $35.00 11. Butter London Nail Polish in Trustafarian, $14.00 12. Alyssa Ashley White Musk Perfume, $34.99 13. Brown Lace Up Brogues, $27.00 14. Doo Dah Ruffle Cami, $18.00 15. Basically Amazing Socks in Ivory, $13.99 16. Tory Burch Aaden Leather Boots, $277.20 17. Striped Linen Blazer, $49.99 18. Leaf Bead Bracelet Multi Pack, $28.00
There is a big difference between men and women when it comes to gifts. You ask a women what she wants and we rattle off a million things. Then go ask a man and what do you get? Nothing. A simple "i don't care" or "i don't know". I am here to break a man's mind down to see what they really want. After asking some of my close guy friends, I found out "simple but a statement" is what they really want. You look in a girl's sunglasses collection and there are all different styles, sizes, and colors. When you look in a man's collection, it is one simple pair. Keep this in mind when shopping for the man in your life, pick something he will use until it is falling apart! You can also take this time to use your fashion sense to persuade him into trying new things! When men shop, they buy what they know. Get him to try something he normally won't. Hopefully by creating this gift guide for all my girls out there, shopping for him can be a little bit more fun and a lot less stressful!
Most times when you think of accessories you think of women's handbags, jewelry and sunglasses. But men can have accessories too! Great additions like these to a man's outfit can completely change the way he looks and pull the outfit together. One of my favorite pieces that men have been starting to carry over the past few years are leather duffle bags like this Libson Italian Leather Duffle. This would be great for a man who loves to travel.
Believe it or not, men care about smelling good just as much as women, if not more! I don't think we have a problem with that though! One of my favorites is Desire by Alfred Dunhill. It has a very romantic scent with notes of fruits and woods with low notes of musk and vanilla. It is the perfect scent for date night! I would give it to him right before you go out for dinner so he can try it out!
For shoes, pick a pair that can be dressed up and dressed down. He will then have more opportunities to wear them. For that same reason, also try and stick with a neutral color that will pair well with any outfit! These All Saints Leather boots are my favorite men's boots! They look great whether they are worn with jeans or pants that are a bit dressier. They are rustic and vintage looking. Love them!
Girls, this is your time to get your man to try something new and stylish! One of the trends I am so ready for all guys to get rid of are baggy below the knee shorts! I can't even explain how horrible they look! Pick out a pair of fitted shorts that lay just above the knee, he will thank you once he see's how much cleaner and polished he looks. Please help put an end to those awful baggy shorts for everyone's sake!
1. Libson Italian Leather Duffle Bag, $345.00 2. Burberry Men's Check Stamped Round Dial Watch, $395.00 3.Ray Bans Original Wayfarer Sunglasses, $200.00 4. Fossil Jax Traveler Tri Fold Wallet, $40.00 5. Topshop Ben Sherman 'Joev' Desert Boot, $140.00 6. Desire by Alfred Dunhill Cologne For Men, $48.99 7. All Saints Snare Boots, $248.00 7. All Outfits are Available at Zara Man
Happy Fourth of July dolls! It is sadly storming where I am at today. I hope that where you are it is sunny and bright! I hope all of you have a safe but fun Fourth of July. Though this day is about fireworks and cook outs also remember today is to celebrate this country. I feel so lucky to be here. Things may not be perfect but nothing is ever perfect. So as you are lighting sparklers this evening, take a second to remember what it all means and have pride!
Fourth of July is a wonderful time especially for fashion. It is one day where being "matchy matchy" is completely acceptable and so chic! I have decided that in honor of this holiday, I would theme a few posts for the occasion. I wanted to start with a style guide giving you outfit inspiration for whatever you plan to do that day. Enjoy and Happy Fourth!
cute and casual
American Flag Crop Top, Heart Shaped Sunglasses, Shoulder Bag, Denim Shorts, Braided Boots
fun and playful
Blue Earrings, Striped Crop Top, Gold Bracelet, Converse Chuck Taylors Stars, Overalls
chic and girly
White Crop Top, Red High Waisted Shorts,Navy and White Rope Necklace,Beige Scalloped Handbag, Sandals With Tassels
Because I'm Addicted, The Ultra Linx, Cara, Polished To Perfection, White Pantsuit, Ruffle Shorts, White Dress
Style Guide :
White Blouse, $46.00 Floppy Hat, $45.00 Single Rolo Strand, $42.00 Moto White Hotpants, $45.00 Nude Studded Sandal, $79.90 Amadora Sunglasses, $22.00 Soft Pillar Cotton Maxi Skirt, $232.90Lace Crop Cami, $36.00 Printed Fabric Clutch, $49.90Evil Eye Bracelet, $24.00 Marmaris Lace Up Ankle Boot, $80.00
Statement Necklaces have become a huge trend in 2013. It is all about big, bold, eye catching necklaces that make heads turn! It is a fun way to add some color into your outfit. It even adds a touch of elegance in some cases. These necklaces used to be for special occasions only, but not anymore! This year it is more casual than ever. You could even pull it off with a pair of denim cutoff shorts and a white v neck tee! If you are having trouble trying to figure out how to style this busy necklace then don't worry! I have created two different outfits using the same necklace to suit every girl! Whether you go for a more fancy style or casual and effortless these necklaces can work for you! Or should I say you can work the necklace!
1. Creme de la creme de menthe necklace, $29.99 2. Tribal Pendant Necklace, $8.50 3. Faux Leather Station Necklace, $10.50 4. Coral Spike Nile Bib, $32.00 5. Long Gemstone Statement Necklace, $9.50 6. Peri Tear Fringe Necklace, $36.00 7. Half Flat Box Collar, $28.00 8. Paige Novack Bianca Bling Necklace, $200.00
1. Stella MacCartney Oversized Round Acetate Sunglasses, $190.00 2. Petite Roll Back Crop Tee, $20.00 3. Moto Bleach Spot Denim Hotpants , $60.00 4. Womens Chuck Taylor All Star White , $50.00 5. Peach Arch Gem Collar, $34.00 6. Rose flared Belted Dress, $89.00 7. Triangle Studded Earrings, $18.00 8. Rebecca Minkoff Mini MAC, $195.00 9. Zara Studded Sandals, $99.90
If you have never heard of Zara before, don't worry I will tell you about it, and you will become obsessed. I am usually on their site three to four times a day! I get a lot of styling inspiration from their collection of amazing pieces. I especially love their handbags, shoes and accessories. Zara has the perfect mix between modern and classic pieces. It has the amazing high end designer look and quality without the high end price tag. They have items in the store to suit every type of girl! They even have a men's and kids store too. Zara pieces are timeless. You can rest assured that anything you purchase, especially handbags, will never go out of style. This has become my favorite store and I can not wait to start my personal Zara collection this weekend! That black bag below will be mine!
1. Office City Bag, $89.90 2. Wide Heel Sandal With Ankle Strap, $79.90 3. Suede Bowling Bag, $29.00 4. Golden Buffalo Head Pendant, $19.90 5. Shopper with Braided Handles, $79.90 6. High Heel Vamp Shoe, $89.90 7. Printed Fabric Clutch, $49.90 8. Leather Sandal, $89.90 9. Chain Link Necklace With Skulls, $29.90
City Girl Chic
1. Topshop Pixel Floral Blazer, $136.00 2. Mango Shiny Chain T Shirt, $15.00 3. River Island Red Cable Knit High Waisted Shorts, $15.00 4. Zara Basic Sandal, $79.90 5. Zara Office City Bag, $89.90 6. Ray Ban Clubmaster Half Frame Sunglasses, $145.00
Fun and Flirty
1. Bardot Crop Top, $20.00 2.BCBGMAXAZRIA Banded Fedora, $48.00 3. ASOS Across Body Bag With Oval Lock, $26.60 4. Floral Print Skater Skirt, $61.00 5. Essie's A Crude Interest, $8.00 6. Womens Mossimo Co Brown Gladiator Sandal, $20.00 7. Kate Spade Small Square Stud Earrings, $38.00
Cute and Casual
1. Full Tilt Asymmetric Zip Faux Leather Vest, $25.00 2.J Crew Sunflower Necklace, $50.00 3. White Floral Playsuit, $23.00 4.Tory Burch Shawn Metal Stud Earrings, $78.00 5.TAM Platform Lace Pumps, $48.00 6. River Island Coral RI Imbossed Cross Body Bag, $29.93
If you are not familiar with the term Beauty Box, it is a great concept that has quickly become a regular thing for many beauty girls! It is a monthly subscription service that sends a box with five to seven beauty samples right to your door! Many girls refer to it as a little surprise present each month you get to unwrap and find out what goodies you get! Now though the two above boxes may look quite similar they are actually vastly different! So today, these two beauty boxes will battle it out to see who will be crowned the Beauty Box Queen! At the bottom I will have a little poll so feel free to click on which box you believe is the best! Which side are you on Birchbox? or Glossybox?